Home Textiles Sourcing Expo At Javits In July
| The Lenzing Innovation Pavilion at the Home Textiles Sourcing Expo includes companies that create products made with Lenzing fibers. Among them is United Feather and Down (UF&D). Shown is Portico brand bedding created by UF&D made with 300-thread-count TENCEL Lyocell/cotton blended fabric and filled with Lyocell Down®, a high fill-power Freshness Assured down that is blended with Lenzing’s TENCEL Lyocell fibers.
Mills and manufacturers from Asia, Europe and North America gather in New York’s Javits Center in July to showcase their capabilities for U.S. buyers, retailers, wholesalers and designers
Discover options in sourcing from mills and manufacturers located around the world by attending the Home Textiles Sourcing Expo, July 19 to 21, 2011, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York. The show is co-located with Texworld USA, the largest apparel fabric event in North America.
Produced by Messe Frankfurt and supported by Lenzing Fibers, the Home Textiles Sourcing Expo is the only U.S. event solely focused on fabrics and finished soft goods for all home applications, including these categories: bath, bed, floor coverings, kitchen, outdoor, pillows, tabletop, upholstery, wall coverings and window coverings.
Exhibitors hail from a range of countries, including China, Egypt, Pakistan, Turkey, Austria, Korea and the U.S.
The education program features leading experts sharing information on the latest eco-friendly issues and fashion-forward forecasts. Following is a partial listing of scheduled seminars and speakers, with those asterisked organized by Lenzing Fibers and the remainder by Stylesight, the official trend partner of the co-located shows.
Tuesday, July 19
- *11 a.m., “Fiber Innovation: At The Beginning - Raw Materials.” Moderator—Karla Magruder, Fabrikology; Panelists—Alexandra Steger, Lenzing; Terry Turner, Unifi; and Steven Usdan, MDC Group.
- 12 p.m., “Interiors Trends 2012,” Renee Labbe, Stylesight.
- *1 p.m., “The Cellulosic Gap,” Franz Martin Haemmerle, Independent Textile Consultant.
- 3 p.m., “Materials Innovations,” Sophie-Lucie Dewulf, Stylesight.
- 4 p.m., “How To Source Duty-Free Textiles From Egypt,” Dr. Ashraf El Rabiey, Consul, Head of the Trade Office of Egypt in New York.
Wednesday, July 20
- *11 a.m., “Sourcing Home Textiles From Pakistan - Challenges And Opportunities,” Imran Lateef, Texlynx.
- *1 p.m., “Textile Sustainability: Impacts, Integrity & Innovations,” Anne Gillespie, Textile Exchange.
- 2 p.m., “F/W 12 Megatrends + Materials,” Andrea Praet and Sophie-Lucie Dewulf, Stylesight.
- *3 p.m., “ColorDirection: Twists, Turns and Trends For Home Furnishings In 2012,” Laurie Pressman, Pantone.
- *4:30 p.m., “Refocus - Resetting The Color Spotlight For Autumn/Winter 2012/2013,” Laurie Pressman, Pantone.
Thursday, July 21
- 10 a.m., “Innovations In Sourcing,” Frank Bober, Stylesight; Josh Green, Panjiva; David Miller, Lord & Taylor; and Steve Jesseph, WRAP Compliance.
- *11 a.m.,” Designing For Style And Impact,” Jamila Payne, National Association Of Sustainable Fashion Designers.
- *1 p.m., “Starting A Fashion Line On A Shoe String,” Mercedes Gonzalez, Global Purchasing Companies.
Additional exhibits at the Home Textiles Sourcing Expo include:
- The Lenzing Innovation Pavilion showcases the broad range of suppliers who utilize eco-friendly Lenzing fibers in their offerings, including 1888 Mills, Autex, Belfama, Beltrami Linen, Bodet, Dewoolfson, DownLite, Dreamfit - Hometex, Dress Bed Solutions, Fairtex, Framsohn, Hateks, Hilasal, Horst - Ticking, Irisette, Miracle Sleep, Portico, Schlossberg, Subrenat, Turkuaztex, United Feather & Down, Valley Forge Fabrics, Vossen and Wendre.
- The Trend Area, created by Stylesight, a leading provider of trend content, presents tools and technology for the style industry.
For a full seminar program and more event information, call 770-984-8016 or visit the show’s website at HomeTextilesSourcing.com.